With fresh green beans and corn at your local farmer’s market (or from your own garden!!) this is a great time of year to make a 3-to-5 bean salad.
- 1 can kidney beans
- 1 can blackeyed peas
- 1 can chickpeas
- 2 ears fresh corn, cooked and kernels removed
- 1 lb fresh green beans, lightly steamed, then cut into 1-inch segments
- 1/2 a large red onion, diced
- 2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 4 Tbsp red wine vinegar
- sea salt and pepper to taste
Drain and rinse the canned beans in a colander. Combine all ingredients in a large bowl. Season to taste. Add any fresh herbs that you have in your garden or patio pots.Vary the beans to whatever you have on hand. White beans and black beans taste great too.