Are you still getting zucchini from your garden? Or maybe you keep buying it from the nearest farm stand. Here is something you can do with all that summer squash….a lasagne that uses zucchini slices in place of the noodles, a delicious tofu ricotta, and your favorite sauce. Very simple. Sorry my picture isn’t too pretty, I’m not a great photographer but the lasagne was easy and delicious.
- 3 medium zucchini, thinly sliced (1/4″) lengthwise
- then bake on oiled baking sheet for 30 min at 350 degrees.
- 3 cups cooked brown rice combined with 2 Tbsp toasted sesame seeds
- 2 cups your favorite GF tomato sauce
- 1 recipe tofu ricotta, add 1/4 c fresh basil if you have
- Layer in a 9×13 baking dish:
- all rice/sesame on bottom
- top with 1/2 zucchini slices laid next to each other, cover all the rice
- top with 1 cup tomato sauce, spread over the slices
- top with all tofu ricotta
- top with remaining zucchini slices
- top with remaining cup tomato sauce
Bake 350 x 30 min uncovered. Top with vegan cheese if desired.
- 1 package tofu
- 1 Tbsp mellow white miso
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 large clove garlic
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tsp basil (or 1/4 cup fresh)
- 2 tsp oregano
- 1/8 tsp salt
Blend all in food processor.